Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

 

Chapter 4 Party formation



{TL: By Creed}


After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant.

Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but...

It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while.

"Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait."

"..."

"What about Fate?"

"..."

"Fate, what's wrong?"

"Huh!?"

When asked the question, I snapped back to reality.

"Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please."

"Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment."

The waitress nodded and left.

Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more.

"It's been a while, Fate."

"...Is it really you, Sofia?"

"Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?"

"No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious Sofia for anyone else."

"Oh, what a delightful thing to say."

"But... to tell you the truth, I did have a slight doubt if it was really you."

"Hmm, that's quite a statement. After ten years, you couldn't recognize me?"

"No, it's not like that. It's just that you've become so beautiful... like an angel. So, I just..."

Sofia blushed inexplicably and looked away.

"Saying things like that so casually... really, Fate, some things never change about you."

"What things? What do you mean?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

Shortly after, the ordered items were brought to us. Sofia took a sip of her orange juice and smiled kindly.

"But I'm glad. I'm happy to see Fate again."

"I am too but... yeah, I'm happy."

"What's with that 'but' and the subtle expression?"

"Well, it's..."

I didn't know the details, but she had become an impressive adventurer. Defeating Sigurd, an A-rank adventurer, with a single blow was proof of that.

What about me?

I had become a slave, used and manipulated by Sigurd and the others...

A far cry from being an impressive adventurer.

It was pathetic. I didn't know how to face her.

"...Are you thinking about how pathetic you are?"

"Huh? How did you know!?"

"Hehe, I know. It's about my precious childhood friend, after all."

Sofia smiled devilishly.

But behind it, I could see her kindness.

And the joy of being able to reunite with me.

"Please don't belittle yourself too much."

"But I..."

"Being a slave or whatever doesn't matter. I'm just really happy to have reunited with Fate. How about you?"

"I'm happy too, of course. Meeting Sofia again makes me genuinely happy. I feel like I could keep smiling endlessly, my heart is warm, and I'm floating in happiness."

"Stop, please."

"Huh?"

"I mean, when you say things like that... it's, well, embarrassing. Very embarrassing."

"Why is it embarrassing?"

"That's why..."

Sofia blushed and fidgeted.

She seemed embarrassed, but why?

"Well... since that's how it is, please be careful."

"What do you mean by 'that's how it is'? But... yeah, I understand. Even though I've finally reunited with Sofia, I'll stop thinking and saying uncool things."

"Yes, please do."

"Again... it's been a while, Sofia."

"Yes, it has. It's been a while, Fate."

They smiled at each other.

Despite the passing of ten years...

It was as if none of that time had separated us, and we were able to connect with each other immediately.

"By the way... do you remember that time?"

"That time?"

"The promise we made the day before I left the village."

"Ah... th-that..."

I remembered it vividly. Every word and phrase from that time.

"If you remember it, could you tell me?"

"Why? Why do you want to hear it from me?"

Sofia stared at me intently, with a burning look in her eyes.

It was a passionate gaze that could melt ice if I were ice.

It was embarrassing...

But I knew I had to say it properly.

"In the future, become adventurers, reunite, and... form a party together. Achieve our dreams and travel the world. We might be separated for a while, but it's only temporary. In the future, we'll always be together."

"Yes."

"And there was one more promise we made."

"What promise?"

"Let's get married."

"Hehe, well done."

Sofia showed her brightest smile today.

It sparkled like a gem.

Yes... we had made that promise back then.

Never underestimate childhood promises.

At least, I was serious.

I had been thinking of Sofia all this time.

"Sofia... what do you think about that promise?"

"Huh? It was just a childhood promise, right?"

"Huh?"

"Just kidding. It's a joke."

She smiled mischievously.

"I've been... thinking about you all this time too. I really want to keep that promise from back then. I'm serious."

This time, she said it with a gentle and beautiful smile.

I was on the verge of being mesmerized, but I shook my head.

"But, please wait!"

"Oh? Has Fate changed his mind since then?"

"No, that's not it! I've been in love with Sofia since that time! I've liked her all this time, never forgetting for a moment. I love her!"

"Huh!? So, you really... say things so straightforwardly... Sometimes I wonder if you're teasing me."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind. So, what's next?"

"My feelings haven't changed since that time. But, as an adventurer, I'm very mediocre, inexperienced, and far from being a full-fledged one. So, when I become a full-fledged adventurer, I want you to listen to me again."

"I see... is it a matter of male pride?"

"Yeah, it might be. What about you, Sofia?"

Sofia smiled radiantly.

"No, I don't mind."

"Really?"

"I understand that kind of feeling you have, Fate. So, I think you should do what makes you happy. I won't rush you, and I'll wait as long as it takes."

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologize. But... the longer I wait, the more I'll anticipate it. Is that okay?"

"Of course. When the time comes, I'll definitely make you happy, fulfill your heart, fill it with warmth, and make you happy!"

"Come on... if you say that with such a serious face, it's embarrassing!"

"Why?"

"This childhood friend of mine... you really are a natural airhead. But... hehe, it's nostalgic and not a bad feeling."

With a hint of tears in her eyes, Sofia smiled.

"I'll leave the future to Fate's timing... but there's one thing I won't yield on."

"What's that?"

"Let's go on adventures together."

Sofia reached out her hand to me.

And with the brightest smile, she said, "Let's hunt monsters together? Punish the bad guys? Conquer dungeons? Explore uncharted lands? Obtain legendary treasures?"

"..."

"Let's travel the world together, have all sorts of adventures together."

"Sofia, you..."

She hadn't changed a bit from ten years ago.

She was still the same as she was back then.

I felt deeply relieved about that.

And I was incredibly happy.

"Now, won't you give me an answer?"

"..."

"Fate... will you form a party with me? What's your answer?"

"My answer is..."

Without hesitation, I took Sofia's hand.

"I'll form a party with you."

"Yes, I welcome that. Hehe, I'm very excited."

"Let's go on adventures together!"

And so, we formed our party.


TL Note: And the journey begins in order to get married, they begin their adventure. Let's join there adventure to their wedding.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...