Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

 

Chapter 2 childhood friend


{TL: By Creed}


That was ten years ago.

I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me.

Her name was Sofia Ascarth.

Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together.

Every day was so much fun...

Filled with smiles.

I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but...

Our parting came suddenly.


――――――――――


"I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore."

When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears.

Did she have a fight with her parents?

When I asked what was going on, that was the answer.

"Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..."

"Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate."

"That's... "

It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling...

Such a terrible shock.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

"Sofia..."

She was crying.

Maybe, like me, she didn't want to be apart. But there was nothing we could do, and it was frustrating...

Our hearts were filled with sadness, and we cried.

What am I doing?

Sofia leaving is sad. It's lonely... But right now, it's not the time to be sad. There must be something else I should do. I should try to stop her tears.

"Don't cry, Sofia."

"Fate... but I..."

Crying, Sofia hugged me.

"I don't want to be away from you, Fate! I want to be together forever!"

"Yeah... I want that too."

"But it's just not me who thinks that way, right? My mom and dad must want to be together too."

"Oh..."

Gently, I put my hand on Sofia's back. And I hugged her back.

"I don't want to be away from you either, Sofia. But that's why I think it's not good to live apart from your mom and dad... It's sad, and it hurts, but I'll say goodbye."

"But then... we..."

"It's not the end."

I cut off Sofia's words with a strong tone.

"We're not finished."

"But..."

"Let's make a promise."


"A promise...?"

"We talked about our dreams for the future before, didn't we? Becoming adventurers and traveling the world together. So let's make a promise. In the future, we'll become adventurers and meet again... Let's form a party and make our dreams come true, traveling all over the world. Right now, we might be separated, but it's only for a little while. In the future, we'll be together forever."

"Fate..."


Tears welled up rapidly in Sofia's eyes.


"Fate!"

She hugged me even tighter.

And she said with a tearful voice.

"Yes, yes... I promise! I'll become an adventurer and travel the world with you! This time, we'll be together forever!"

"Yeah, let's be together."

"But... can I add one more promise?"

"That's fine, what kind of promise?"

"It's... "


――――――――――

"...Ah."

Suddenly, my consciousness awakened.

Sunlight was streaming in through the gaps in the tattered room.

It seems like I must have fallen asleep at some point.


"I had a nostalgic dream..."


It's been ten years since then.

I wonder how my dear childhood friend is doing now?

I may have fallen into slavery...

But I haven't given up on my dreams.

I won't break our promise.

I have to somehow break free from this situation...

And become an even stronger adventurer than I am now...

I will definitely reunite with Sofia and travel the world together.

So, no matter how tough it gets, I will never do anything as drastic as taking my own life.

I believe in hope and will keep moving forward.

Even if it's shameful, I will survive.


"Sofia... please wait for me."


I will absolutely keep our promise.

With a strong determination in my heart, I once again made a vow to reunite with Sofia.


TL Note: You may already know by now but just in case. We are Lingo Bookverse and this our project. The schedule is in the making but i will post a new chapter on Saturdy, Hope you liked our work. Readers can report any mistakes or correction through the comments, we will work on it and improve our quality.


Next


Prev

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious