Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

 
Chapter 14 Third Exam/Fate Perspective

{TL: By Creed}

"Heavy... heavy... heavy..."

I started to breathe more rapidly.

Perhaps it was due to the tension of fighting my fated opponent.

I could feel my body gradually becoming heavier.

"Suu..."

I can't continue like this.

I took a deep breath and calmed my mind.

Yes, I can still do this.

Fatigue slowly faded away, and my mind cleared up.

My vision became clear, and my senses sharpened.

"I can't believe... someone like me... dammit, damn it!!!"

Sigurd, who had become a wreck, groaned with a malevolent look on his face.

He probably never imagined this result when he started fighting me.

Well, I can't say I did either.

The third test was to fight Sigurd and achieve victory. I was nervous because it sounded difficult, but Sofia told me, "You can easily do it, just believe in yourself more."

There were various things that had happened, but until just recently, I was a slave and a useless existence.

Believing in myself so suddenly was difficult.

But I could believe Sofia's words.

I could believe in the me she had faith in.

And I challenged with all my strength, resulting in this situation.

I can't believe I was able to come this far.

If I continue like this, becoming an adventurer won't be a problem.

But no, I can't get complacent.

Sigurd might be hiding a trump card, or he might be deliberately taking attacks to lull me into complacency.

I need to be cautious and secure my victory.

"You brat!!!"

"Hah!"

Sigurd's attacks were very monotonous and slow.

Is this all he's got? It was almost disappointing.

It was easy to predict his sword's movements, and his actions were slow, making it easy to dodge.

Is this the power of an A-rank?

In fact, even if someone told me he was a C-rank, I might believe it.

"Who are you calling C-rank, you brat?!"

"Oh, did I say that out loud?"

"Don't mess around! I'm going to kill you!!!"

With a furious outburst, Sigurd swung his wooden sword wildly, but his attacks were still slow.

Why can someone like me easily see through them?

Oh, I see.

He's consumed by anger right now.

That's why his attacks have become predictable, and even I can see through them.

That must be it.

Alright, this is my chance.

"Ha!"

"Guh!?"

Sigurd's attack didn't even graze me.

Instead, I countered with a strike of my own.

"Like this... me, by useless...!"

"You were defeated by that useless."

"Darn it...!"

It seemed like he had completely lost consciousness, and there was no sign of him getting up.

"This... Sigurd being defeated, it's impossible! Wake up, Sigurd! Don't let someone as useless as him beat you!"

"Ugh, something like this happening...! This is, yes, cheating! It must be cheating; that useless person must have rigged something!!!"

Despite Mira and Lector's commotion, Sofia silenced them with a stern gaze.

"Fate hasn't cheated. I, Sofia Ascart, the Sword Saint, can guarantee that. Perhaps he was simply weaker? Hehe."

"Ugh..."

"Th-that's..."

Under the intense verbal assault from Sofia, Mira and Lector wore extremely bitter expressions.

Seeing their reactions, I offered a wry smile and then turned to Sofia with a smile, saying, 'I won.'

TL Note: He won and now their Adventure life begins.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious