Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 79 Bodyguard

{TL: By Creed}


"Fate! Aisha!"

After leaving the room, I was able to meet up with Sofia shortly afterward.

Seeing Aisha and me holding hands, she seemed relieved.

"Aisha, I'm glad you're safe...!"

*hug*

As Sofia hugged her tightly, she seemed flustered. It wasn't like she was resisting; rather, she seemed unsure of what to do and embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, Aisha..."

"Why... apologize?"

"I made you scared. I made you anxious. I made you lonely. It's all my fault."

"It's ours."

"Still... I'm sorry, Aisha."

"...It's not Sofia's fault?"

Hesitantly, Aisha returned Sofia's hug, her small hands touching her.

"Hmm... Sofia's warm too."

"Hehe, I have a high basal body temperature."

"Um, well..."

"What's wrong?"

"...Can I, um, hug you tighter?"

"Yes, of course."

"Mm."

Aisha hugged Sofia in a somewhat dependent manner. Maybe because she's a girl, she feels comfortable showing affection to another woman.

Her dog ears perked up, and her tail wagged happily.

This alone wouldn't erase all of Aisha's burdens, but it should have lightened them somewhat. I want to do my best so that someday I can see a genuine smile on Aisha's face.

"Aisha, may I carry you?"

"Yeah."

"Then, pardon me."

Sofia picked up Aisha, her face filled with joy.

Sofia really loves cute things.

"By the way, Sofia, what about the private soldiers of Doctor who were at the venue?"

"I've taken care of all of them. Oh, don't worry, I didn't kill them. But they'll have to give up a lot in their future lives."

Terrifying...

But they're the kind of people who would collaborate with Doctor in doing such things. Even if they suffer consequences later, I can't sympathize with them.

"I've just cleared out the enemies underground. I think reinforcements from above will come, so let's escape now."

"Yeah, can I trust you with Aisha?"

"Yes, leave it to me. I won't let a finger touch her."

If Sofia says so, then Aisha is definitely safe.

It's not about her being the Sword Saint or anything like that. Sofia is my most reliable childhood friend. If she says so, then there's no problem.

"Let's go."

"Yeah."

I drew my sword and took the lead.

Behind me, Sofia, carrying Aisha, followed.

We returned to the venue.

It seemed like the guests had already fled; there was no one around.

No.

There were private soldiers lying around the edges of the venue, groaning in pain.

They must have all been defeated by Sofia.

There didn't seem to be any enemies in sight.

But that doesn't mean they aren't hiding somewhere, and it's also possible we could run into reinforcements from above.

I can't expose Sofia and Aisha to danger. Let's proceed carefully without letting our guard down.

"Fate..."

"Yeah, I know."

Just as we were about to leave the venue, Sofia and I stopped in our tracks.

A sharp, piercing killing intent was directed at us.

"Who's there? We know you're hiding."

"Tch, sharp little brat."

It was Falz who showed himself. And there was another, a man dressed all in black.

"You thought you could do whatever you wanted and then just escape?"

"...That's my line."

He did terrible things to many people.

Terrible things to Aisha too.

I have no intention of letting Falz, who participated in those atrocities, go free.

Aisha's safety comes first, followed by the safety of the captured individuals.

Having achieved those goals, I can now fight without reservation.

However...

"Hmm..."

From the man dressed all in black, there's nothing but a ominous aura.

It feels like facing a grim reaper.

He exudes a strong sense of death.

"Catch that kid, don't injure her carelessly. Spare neither the man nor the woman."

"Understood."

Bodyguard, perhaps?

He's undoubtedly a capable individual.

Whether my power will be effective...

As I was wrestling with these doubts, Sofia handed Aisha over to me.

"Fate, I entrust Aisha to you. I'll deal with that man."

"Okay, understood."

If Sofia has made that decision, it's best not to interfere unnecessarily.

I'll carry Aisha instead and leave everything else to her.

"Sofia, be careful, okay?"

"I'll be fine. I'm the Sword Saint, after all."

"But to me, you're still a girl that I hold dear in my heart."

"...!"

"Sofia, your face is turning red."

"I-I can't help it. When Fate says something like that, I-I just can't help but feel embarrassed."

In response to Aisha's retort, Sofia answered bashfully.

So cute.

"Then, see you later."

"Yes, see you later."

With a promise to meet again, we left the scene.

TL Note: Let's guess how much time will Sofia take to defeat the bodyguard? my Guess? probably 15 seconds.



Comments

  1. It really depends. I wouldn't be surprised if author makes the 'SWORD SAINT' lose against that guy but then Fate one-shots him away. Would be a lame thing to do though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious