Skip to main content

"The incompetent bad boy prince" wants to survive ~ The only way for me to survive after being reincarnated as the third prince of a love smartphone RPG bitten dog was to not break off the engagement with the daughter of a yandere duke who is stronger than the heroine ~

 Volume 1

Chapter 2-: I had an encounter with my favorite heroine (though she's not).

( TL By Zeus )


"Is this really okay?"


"Yes! Your Highness Harold looks exceptionally charming today!"


The servants praised with all their might, but this outfit clearly didn't suit me.


A formal attire with shoulder pads in a white-themed suit and numerous flashy, tasteless accessories. If there were a 'charm' status in this game, applying these would result in multiple debuffs.


While this might have a one-in-a-million chance of fitting the protagonist or a rival character, unfortunately, I'm just a lackey character. There's absolutely no element to turn negatives into positives.


"N-No, this attire won't do! Get me something else!"


"W-What!? U-Understood!"


Since I shouted and rejected loudly, they probably thought I was furious. The servants turned pale and hurriedly began preparing another outfit.


Upon further consideration, Harold always wore this kind of outfit in "Enhaza," didn't he? So, the servants might have prepared it thoughtfully. My bad.


However, today's meeting is crucial enough to determine whether I live or die. I can't afford to fail, so I'll allow myself a bit of selfishness.


So...


"Yeah... yeah! This is it!"


"Uh, it seems to please you..."


I changed into the new outfit, and the servants looked relieved seeing me nodding in satisfaction.


This more modest and clean attire might make her... impression of me a bit better, perhaps...


"Oh, I forgot my handkerchief."


I informed a maid, and she promptly provided a handkerchief.


"Haha... I remembered it after a long time."


I gazed at the handkerchief adorned with dragon embroidery and couldn't help but relax my cheeks. Memories of young Harold from before I recalled my past life flooded back.


I had given the same handkerchief to a boy with a bob cut, crying and confined in a room in the palace. I forgot to ask his name, but I wonder if that boy is doing well now...


"W-Well, it's about time..."


"Oh, is it already that time?"


Oops, it's not the time to get lost in thought like this.


In a hurry, I made my way to the reception room where the king awaited.


And then.


"Oh, Harold. You kept me waiting."


"I-I apologize."


The one whose expression changed upon seeing me was the king and my father, Eibar-Well-Dehawbals. He seemed dignified yet kind, but for some reason, three years later, he would summon me and my three brothers, declaring that the one who brings the 'world's greatest fiancée' would be the next king.


Despite appearing normal, you never knew when this man might go mad, so I couldn't let my guard down until the main scenario of "Enhaza" began.


"Huh? Harold, what's wrong?"


"Wha!? N-no, I'm just a bit nervous..."


Oh no, I got a little spaced out. I need to focus.


Then, a middle-aged man and a young girl sitting across from  King Eibar slowly stood up.


"Prince Harold, it's an honor to meet you."


The girl elegantly curtsied.


Platinum blond hair flowing elegantly, sapphire-like shining blue eyes, soft cherry-colored lips against translucent white skin.


Her name was Alexandra of Chevalier, the daughter of the Chevalier Duke's family, the largest noble house owning a third of Dehawbals Kingdom's territory. Until just after the start of "Enhaza," she was my fiancée.


In "Enhaza," immediately after Eibar King's proclamation, Harold breaks off the engagement with Alexandra, committing an unbelievably rude act. He rejects her for a more outstanding woman.


Of course, Duke Chevalier is furious, and along with his son and other faction nobles, they rebel against the kingdom. Although a national crisis arises from the beginning, it's resolved safely by the protagonist, leading to her becoming one of the main heroine.


In essence, this is where Harold's setup as the 'bait dog'... or player... begins.


By the way, Duke Chevalier is executed for treason, and Alexandra is also executed due to her involvement with Harold.


Even though I knew that Harold was the worst, my past self fell in love with that unfortunate beautiful girl.


There's only one still image of her, no facial expressions, only three-dot ellipses for dialogue, no voice acting.


Still, none of that mattered to me.


From the day I got to know her, I played the tutorial dozens of times just for that one scene, sent emails daily requesting her appearance as DLC to the distribution label, tweeted praises to her daily while trashing any negative comments about her on bulletin board sites... not that there were any opportunities. She was too minor.


That's how deeply I fell for Alexandra.


So, being unable to say anything now due to excitement and nervousness is inevitable. I was originally terrible at talking to girls.


"...It seems my daughter isn't to Prince Harold's liking."


"Wha!? I-I apologize! I was just a bit nervous due to... Alexandra-sama's overwhelming beauty..."


Duke Chevalier glared at me, and I hastily apologized.


Certainly, there was no lie in my words.


"Hahaha! Well, well! It seems you've taken a liking to her! That's wonderful!"


While Eibar King laughed in a good mood, Duke Chevalier, despite the praise for his daughter, couldn't hide his displeasure.


Of course, he opposed the engagement between me and Alexandra, but considering my reputation, it was only natural.


"Very well, very well! Let's leave you both to it. Harold, guide Miss Alexandra through the palace."


"Yes."


I nodded to the king and approached Alexandra.


"Al... Alexandra-dono, if you please...!?"


"Ah..."


"Wha!?"


Despite being the third prince, I knelt before her, offering my right hand... but I ruined it by biting my tongue.


However, my unexpected action made Duke Chevalier widen his already unsure eyes, gazing at me intently.


"Cough... Well, shall we?"


"Yes..."


Hiding the failure of biting my tongue with a cough, I felt the gentle warmth of her small hand as we left the reception room under the watchful eyes of the king and the duke.

Next


Prev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious