Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter  77: Don't be happy


{TL: By Creed}


・Aisha's Perspective

I am just an ordinary daughter of the beastfolk.

I spent peaceful times with my beloved father and mother.

I like my father's rough hands.

They are big and strong, and when he strokes my head, I feel very calm.

I like my mother's slender hands.

They are white and beautiful, and the dishes she makes with those hands are very delicious.

I've often had seconds and ended up with a full stomach.

In the morning, I eat breakfast with my father and mother.

They always accept my whims with a smile.

After eating, father goes to work, and mother does household chores.

I help my mother.

Lately, she praised me for being good at folding laundry.

Heh.

After lunch, it's time with mother.

Lately, my favorite thing is to have her give me a knee pillow.

It's warm and comfortable, and I get it every day.

In the evening, I greet father with mother.

When I say "Welcome back from work," father smiles happily.

We eat dinner together like in the morning, talk about various things...

And then, we sleep together at night.

Such ordinary days.

But to me, they are the most precious times.

I was happy.

But...

One day, happiness crumbled.

Our village was attacked.

We don't know who the attackers were.

There were humans...

But not only that, there were also monsters.

Humans and monsters joined forces and attacked our village.

The village was engulfed in flames.

Screams could be heard from everywhere...

I thought, "The end of the world has come."

Father and mother took me and fled.

Running is easy for us beastfolk.

We ran desperately together with father and mother.

Running...

Running...

Running...

But something scary was approaching from behind.

We tried to escape, but we couldn't, we couldn't break away...

The distance gradually closed, and it seemed like we would be caught up.

Father and mother... stopped.

"Run ahead."

Saying so, father and mother turned back along the path we had fled.

I don't want to run away alone.

I can't do something like that.

Even though I can't...

Even though I shouldn't do such a thing...

I ran away.

I was so scared, so scared, so scared...

Driven by a feeling akin to chills, I ran frantically without thinking.

Leaving father.

Leaving mother.

I... ran away alone.

So, I think I was punished.

I managed to escape from the scary things that attacked the village...

But that's all.

Luck... I don't know if I can call it that, but it's over.

With nowhere to go, I wandered aimlessly through the forest...

And then, I was captured by thieves.

This is punishment.

Punishment for abandoning father and mother, for my sinful actions.

I'm alone.

Always alone.

I can't be happy, and I shouldn't be...

Forever.

TL Note: Feel sorry for Aisha.



Comments

  1. Hm, if she wants punishment. Just punish her with happiness or something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious