Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 76 I'm with you


{TL: By Creed}


"Haa!"

I mow down the private soldiers coming towards me.

Using the sword like a cudgel, it's quite a rough technique.

For now, I have to catch everyone here and ensure they receive proper judgment.

So, I try not to take lives as much as possible.

Despite my physical abilities, my swordsmanship is still clumsy.

It's thanks to Licorice that I can go easy on so many opponents.

"Fate, they'll be out of the room in five seconds!"

"Understood!"

Licorice can use a magic only fairies can use. She seems to know when and where the enemies will come. Essentially, she's our navigator.

Thanks to her, we're never caught off guard and can even launch surprise attacks.

It's really reliable.

I knock down the enemies.

I clear obstacles.

And I push forward steadily.

And then...

"Is this... it?"

The room deepest underground.

There, a particularly strong door is visible.

Part of the door has a window, allowing us to see inside.

Peeking through it...

"Aisha!"

"...Huh?"

I see Aisha sitting on the bed, hugging her knees.

A room without a single window.

But she doesn't seem to be treated poorly; she doesn't seem to have any wounds.

"Fate... and?"

Aisha looks at me as if she can't believe her eyes.

She probably thinks I've abandoned her.

And she's probably wondering why I'm here now.

My chest twinges with pain.

To betray the trust of this young girl...

I'll never do such a thing again.

I vow it firmly.

"Aisha, move away from the door. It's dangerous."

"Huh...?"

"It's okay, there's nothing to be afraid of."

"Umm... o-okay."

Aisha, looking bewildered, moves to the back of the room.

Good.

Now I can go all out without holding back.

"Divine Dragon Sword Style - First Strike...... Mountain Breaker!"

It's a sturdy door that no one can approach...

But it can't stand up to the swordsmanship Sofia taught me; it blows away in one go.

Boom! A thunderous sound.

Dust fills the air.

"Aisha, sorry to keep you waiting."

"K-keep... me waiting?"

I enter the room and move towards Aisha at the back.

She still looks puzzled.

"What's... going on?"

"Sorry for this situation. You might not believe it, but we didn't abandon you, Aisha... No, that's just an excuse. Anyway, sorry. You were scared, right?"

"Huh..."

"But this time, everything will be okay."

I gently hold Aisha's small hand.

"I won't ever let go again."

Aisha's round eyes turn to me. Then, she looks at our joined hands.

"Will you stay with me?"

She asks timidly, in a small voice.

"I don't want to be alone... No, that's why... I want you to stay with me."

"Of course."

"...Really?"

"Absolutely. I promise this time. I won't let go of your hand."

"Really...?"

"Really."

She stares at me intently, as if trying to ascertain the truth of my words.

She gazes at me for a moment, then slowly leans closer.

Sniffing softly.

"Aisha...?"

"It's your real scent... and it's comforting."

After returning to her original position, she says,

"But... I shouldn't be happy..."

Aisha, with a face on the verge of tears, says such a thing.

TL Note: A new twist?



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious