Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 83 Former S rank


{TL: By Creed}


The doctor let out a powerful roar.

Simultaneously, he kicked off the floor and charged.

"Fast!?"

Not so fast that he was impossible to see, but fast enough that if I relaxed my guard, I'd lose sight of him. If Sofia hadn't trained me, I might have been in real trouble.

"Ugh!"

Dodging was difficult. I used my Snow Crystal Sword as a shield to block the doctor's attack.

CLANG!!!

A piercing sound echoed in my ears, and my hand went numb as I was blown away.

What kind of brute strength was this? I managed to block the attack, but not completely. I was sent flying, losing my stance. The only silver lining was that I didn't let go of my sword.

"Is that all you've got?"

"Not even close!"

The doctor instantly moved in for another assault, this time with a rapid charge.

But it was the same move as before. Since he repeated it, I could more or less predict his actions.

I dodged by rolling sideways and then grabbed the carpet, flipping it over as hard as I could.

"Huh!?"

This took him by surprise, causing him to lose his balance briefly as he stood on the carpet. I used that opening to get back on my feet and ready my sword.

"Hey, Fate, aren't you getting overwhelmed? Are you okay?" Licorice, who'd been watching the whole time, finally seemed to snap out of her daze and asked, somewhat panicked.

"Honestly, not really feeling great..."

"Should I do something?"

"No, I'd rather you stay close to Aisha. She might be feeling anxious... and if things get dicey, you can handle it, right?"

"Are you really okay?"

"I'll be fine."

"Alright, I trust you. I'll take care of Aisha, so you take that guy down!"

Licorice flew over to Aisha's side.

Right then, the doctor regained his footing.

"Impressive... You don't just have high physical ability, you're also quick to improvise. You've got a sharp mind, courage, and great adaptability. It's a shame I have to kill you here."

"And I didn't expect you to be this strong either."

"I didn't mention it earlier, but I was once an S-Rank adventurer. I wasn't as good as the Sword Saint, but I did pretty well for myself."

"So that's why you choose to fight on your own..."

This was a troublesome opponent.

Sofia told me I had the strength of an S-Rank. And this doctor used to be an S-Rank too.

We might be equally matched... or not. I only have high physical ability; my sword skills and combat techniques still need work.

The doctor, on the other hand, is highly skilled in both areas. Depending on the circumstances, he might be as strong as Sofia.

Our physical abilities were equal, but he had the upper hand in skill. If I analyzed the situation objectively, it looked like I was in a pinch.

Still...

"I'll give you one more chance to reconsider..."

"I told you, no way!!!"

This time, I lunged toward him. I put my full weight into my right foot and leaned forward, charging low.

I swung my sword in an upward arc from low to high.

"Interesting, that's quite a move," the doctor said, seemingly impressed as he calmly blocked my attack. He tried to counterattack, but I wasn't going to let him.

"Not happening!"

I followed up with a series of strikes. They were reckless and lacking in finesse, relying solely on brute force.

But they were powerful. The doctor had no choice but to focus on defense, unable to counterattack.

I have enough stamina to keep attacking like this.

I don't think I'll be able to end the fight with this momentum, but I do hope to deal some significant damage.

That's what I'm thinking, but reality doesn't always go as planned.

"Hahaha..."

The doctor laughed as if he were having fun, and then—

"Huh!?"

Suddenly, I had a bad feeling. I stopped my attack and jumped back.

What was that?

If I had continued attacking, I felt like I would've been done for without even realizing what happened... It was a premonition of death.

"You really do have remarkable power, don't you? Not only did you hold your own against me, but you even gained the upper hand," the doctor said.

"If you're admitting defeat, why not surrender peacefully?" I asked.

"Never. When did I admit defeat? You should be the one surrendering. This is your last warning: submit to me. Otherwise, I'll kill you."

I felt an intense wave of bloodlust that made my back tremble.

Could someone really exude this kind of malice and still be human?

But I can't give in. Not just for me, but for Aisha's sake too. I refuse to lose.

Instead of responding with words, I raised my sword.

"So that's how it is? A pity, but there's no choice. You'd be a strong ally, but as an enemy, you're just too much trouble. I need to eliminate you here," the doctor said.

"Think you can?" I replied.

"Oh, I can... thanks to this cursed sword," he said with a cold smile, drawing another sword that had been hanging at his side.

The blade was as black as if it had absorbed the darkness itself. The gem embedded in its hilt was blood-red.

And the aura it exuded was thick with the stench of death.

"The cursed sword, Tyrfing... Feel its power with your own body!"

TL Note: The Boss fight reaches it's climax and Fate looks in trouble. I missed to post on Saturday, I had some personal event to attend.



Comments

  1. I think you uplouded Chapter 82 again as Chapter 83 on NU.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious