Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman


Chapter  89: The power of bonds


{TL: By Creed}


"Impossible... Impossible, impossible, impossible, impossible!!!"

The Doctor screamed like a madman, swinging his cursed sword wildly.

At a speed that surpassed sound. Moreover, the power of a single hit was lethal.

It was quite a threat, but...

Strangely, I couldn't imagine losing.

Could it be because I was with Sofia?

"Fate!"

Sofia interposed her holy sword in front of me, blocking the Doctor's attack. 

Then,

"Sofia!"

I lightly pushed Sofia's shoulder, moving her out of the Doctor's attack range.

We covered for each other. Together, we synchronized our attack timings, landing continuous strikes and driving him back.

When I faced the Doctor alone, he was such a formidable enemy that I was terrified. I almost gave up, thinking I might lose.

But now, it's different.

With Sofia, I felt like I could do anything. As long as she was with me, I could reach any height. Not even the Doctor was a threat.

Come on... let's go together!

"That's the spirit! Both of you, go for it... Strengthen, Version Two!"

With Licorice's cheer, the body-enhancing magic was cast again. Our bodies felt lighter once more. Sofia felt it too.

We accelerated our attacks, pushing the Doctor further into a corner.

"Ugh... Ahhhh!!!"

The Doctor swung his cursed sword in defiance, spreading black mist and launching multi-faceted attacks.

But we'd seen that many times before.

Such sloppy attacks would never work on Sofia, the Sword Saint, and as her apprentice, I wouldn't fall for them either.

We blocked the cursed sword and evaded the black mist... and then counterattacked.

The Doctor staggered. Without missing that opening, we landed follow-up strikes. Sofia also landed a powerful blow.

It's a strange feeling.

We didn't exchange words, nor did we make eye contact. Yet, I could clearly understand what Sofia was going to do next and what she was thinking. I matched my sword to her movements... and our attacks hit accurately.

This was something we could do because we were childhood friends.

I grinned. Sofia also grinned.

We both knew for certain. This battle... we were going to win.

"Me, defeated in a place like this?! Don't be ridiculous, don't be ridiculous!!!"

With a scream of rage, the Doctor raised his cursed sword high. An unprecedented black mist overflowed... and then it all returned to the cursed sword again.

No.

Is it absorbing it?

The black mist converged, causing the cursed sword to grow larger.

It expanded to several times its original size... and then came crashing down!

"Fate!"

"Got it!"

We responded calmly without panicking. It would be difficult to block such an attack. However, if we dodged, Licorice and Aisha would be caught in the crossfire.

So, we had only one choice... to combine our strengths and counterattack!

"Divine Dragon Sword Style....."

"First Strike..."

"Mountain Breaker!!!"

Another combined attack. This time, however, Licorice's magic amplified its power exponentially.

Our two slashes shattered the massive darkness!

And then,

"From there..."

"One more strike!"

"Divine Dragon Sword Style, First Strike, Mountain Breaker!!!"

A consecutive attack. The timing was perfect. And the Doctor, having lost his sword, had no way to defend himself.

"To be defeated by something like this!!!"

The Doctor, still unwilling to give up, tried to resist, but...

"No, it's over!"

"You will pay for what you did to what's precious to Fate and me!"

Together with Sofia, I pressed our swords forward. The Doctor tried desperately to defend himself, but he was completely cornered.

Unable to do anything, he took our combined attack head-on... His armor shattered as he was blown away, slamming into the wall.

Crack! The wall spread with spiderweb-like cracks.

"Gah!!!"

He let out a scream as if all the air in his lungs had been expelled.

The Doctor's eyes rolled back... and then his entire body went limp as he collapsed to the floor.

"......"

He might be pretending to be defeated to catch us off guard. Thinking this, I kept my sword ready and watched closely...

"Is it... over?"

"Yes, it seems so."

Seeing Sofia sheathe her sword, I also put my snow crystal sword back in its scabbard. With a small sigh of relief,

"We did it, Sofia."

"Yes, it's our victory!"

Sofia and I exchanged a high-five with smiles on our faces.

TL Note: The doctor was finally defeated.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious