Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 117: Disappointing

{TL: By Creed}


The clock tower in the square.

At its peak was Lena.

No one had noticed her yet because it’s unusual to think that someone would be on top of the clock tower.

Lena looked down at the city...

She focused on one particular spot...

Sigh

She let out a disappointed sigh.

"Fate is struggling with such a pawn... Even though I gave him the magic sword, I'm a bit disappointed. I thought he would be stronger."

The reason Lena climbed the clock tower was very simple: to observe Fate's actions.

From the highest point in the city, it was easy to see where he was, and her surveillance would likely go unnoticed.

However, ordinarily, no one would actually do such a thing.

Climbing the clock tower would give a clear view, but her eyesight would be insufficient.

Even though it should be insufficient...

Lena's physical abilities, including her eyesight, far exceeded those of a normal person, so she could carry out her surveillance without any problems.

Sigh "What a letdown."

She sighed again.

But...

For some reason, her gaze kept following Fate.

He wasn't strong.

He was so weak that he was nearly killed by the pawn they had prepared.

She had no interest in weak opponents.

And yet, for some reason, she was still concerned about Fate.

"Hmm... I wonder why?"

Lena thought.

She forgot she was on the clock tower and thought deeply.

"He’s weak now, but... will he become incredibly strong in the future? Is that why I'm interested in him? Yeah, that makes sense."

"What are you doing in a place like this?"

"Oh, Riken. Hey there!"

When she turned around, Riken was there without her noticing.

How did he climb up?

When did he find her?

There were many unknowns, but Lena didn’t care.

Riken was originally elusive, and...

Even if Riken had some mischievous plan, it wouldn’t be a problem.

After all, she was stronger.

"I'm watching the Sword Saint."

"Yet, you seemed to be watching another youngster."

"Ugh, you caught me?"

"I may be old, but I’m not senile."

"Sorry, I didn’t mean to mock you."

"I know. You were just trying to cover it up."

"Ugh."

Lena sulked like a scolded child.

Even though she had overwhelming power...

However, she was still young in many ways.

She couldn't match Riken, who had lived for a long time.

"...I'm sorry."

"It's fine. After all, the Sword Saint is nearby. And... that person must be very intriguing to you, right?"

"Yeah, that's right. I think he's a bit of a letdown, but he might just be in the process of growing... It's a bit of a dilemma."

"Do you think he might become an obstacle to our plan?"

"He's with the Sword Saint, so I think he will. He won't be a threat to me or you, Riken, but our underlings might have a hard time. The person with the magic sword is a good match."

"I see."

"If there's even a slight chance he could become an obstacle, should we eliminate him now? ...No, that's not right?"

Lena's eyes sharpened.

Suddenly, it felt as if the season had turned to winter, with a chill in the air.

Lena's fighting spirit was so intense that it made nature itself cower.

However, Riken did not flinch.

He handled it calmly, as if it were a routine occurrence.

"Don't be hasty. I have no foolish intentions of stealing your prey."

"Really?"

"However, the Sword Saint is a different matter. Her sword has a high chance of reaching us. If an opportunity arises, I will eliminate her. Is that acceptable?"

"Yes, that's fine. The only one I'm concerned about is Fate."

"Knowing that puts me at ease. Now we can proceed with our plan."

"Is it going well? Giving the magic sword to some random guy to disrupt the peace, fulfilling Ice's request... while looking for a suitable candidate or retrieving one, right?"

"It's going well, but... we haven't found a new candidate. Maybe it would be quicker to retrieve Aisha."

"Well, in that case, the Sword Saint would become our enemy, so I’d rather avoid that."

Even as she said this, Lena was smiling.

If possible, she wanted to fight the Sword Saint.

She wanted to battle from morning till night.

These were the dangerous thoughts she harbored.

"Let's observe a little longer. Suitable candidates tend to be drawn to the magic sword."

"It's troublesome. It would be quicker to just cut them down."

"Even though we have power, we are few in number. First, we need to find suitable candidates, mass-produce magic swords, and increase our allies... That's the best way."

"I know, but it's still troublesome."

"You find many things troublesome."

"Well, whatever. I'll keep an eye on the Sword Saint and occasionally guide them. In the meantime, you find the candidates, and if possible, destroy Leafland."

"You don't need to tell me. I understand my role well."

The conversation ended there.

"..."

"..."

A silence followed.

The two of them looked up at the distant sky.

In the clear blue sky, white clouds slowly drifted by.

It was a very peaceful scene...

And they both deeply desired to attain that peace.

"Alright, I'll go back to my surveillance. It looks like Fate and the others are moving somewhere."

"Don't let your guard down."

"Roger. I'll be careful."

Lena smiled brightly and saluted.

"Riken, take care too."

"I know. I won't make any clumsy mistakes, and I'll skillfully use the fools."

"Yes, I'm counting on you."

"That's my line."

Lena and Riken extended their fists towards each other...

As if to say 'let's do our best,' they bumped fists.

"See you."

"Yes."

And then...

As if they had never been there, the two disappeared from the clock tower.

TL Note: Will Fate become Evil?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious