Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 131: Granddaughter

{TL: By Creed}


"What... did you say!?"

Upon hearing the shocking news, Edward's eyes widened.

No, it wasn’t exactly shocking. Fate and Sofia hadn't been hiding anything, and Edward was the only one completely oblivious to it. His obsession with Fate had blinded him to everything else.

"That brat... you're telling me he laid his hands on my Sofia!?"

"They're in love, so it wouldn't be surprising if that were the case. Besides, they’re not children anymore."

"G-Guhhh!"

Edward's anger was about to explode when—

"However, it seems they haven’t progressed to that stage yet."

Emilia's comment put a hold on his rage.

"What do you mean?"

"Sofia, despite how she looks, is quite shy when it comes to matters like that. Even if the mood were right, I doubt she could take the initiative due to embarrassment. As for Stuart, he’s a very sincere boy. He’s probably waiting until marriage... or something like that."

"And if that’s true... then what about this child? She’s their... daughter, right?"

"I haven't heard the full details yet, but perhaps she’s adopted?"

"Hmm."

"Besides, they're of different races. There’s clearly no blood relation."

"…"

Now that she mentioned it, Edward realized this as if for the first time and his eyes widened again.

"Still, it seems blood ties don’t matter to them. Just look at how loved Aisha is."

Emilia said this with a very gentle expression as she looked at Aisha. Sensing the warmth in her gaze, Aisha recognized Emilia as a kind person.

"Come here."

"…Mmm."

When Emilia spread her arms, Aisha slipped right into her embrace. Though a bit hesitant—

"There, there."

"Mmm."

Aisha seemed to quickly relax as her head was gently patted, happily wagging her tail. She even let out a soft, occasional bark.

Edward watched the two with a tinge of envy. He then realized, much to his shock:

Was I really feeling jealous watching my wife and this little girl? Did I want to do the same?

An odd inner conflict stirred within Edward... and noticing this, Emilia gently nudged Aisha toward him.

"It seems my husband wants to bond with Aisha, so why don’t you call out to him?"

"A-uh..."

Aisha, looking uncertain, drooped her tail slightly.

Seeing this reaction, Edward felt as if an arrow had struck his heart. The emotion that welled up was... sadness. Pure, overwhelming sadness.

Why? Why am I so upset just because a little girl rejected me?

Confused by this inexplicable feeling, Edward was deeply shaken.

"Aisha, it’s okay. Despite how he looks, my husband is quite fond of children."

"Uh?"

"And you, husband, stop making such a stern face. I understand you’re nervous, but remember, this is your granddaughter."

"…Granddaughter…"

The word was sweet and soothing. His body relaxed, and his heart was filled with warmth.

"…Grandpa?"

Aisha tilted her head slightly as she asked for confirmation.

"!!!"

Edward clutched his chest and staggered back.

What incredible power those words held.

With just that one word, a master of the swordsmanship dojo was almost brought to his knees.

"Are you okay?"

Seeing Edward wobble, Aisha toddled over to him, concerned. Her movements were irresistibly cute, like a small animal, and he felt as though he could watch her forever.

"Y-yes... I am fine."

"Hmm..."

Aisha still looked worried.

She seemed to ponder for a moment... then, after a brief pause, her face lit up with an idea.

Stretching her little arms as far as she could, she reached out toward Edward's chest. And then...

"Pain, pain, go away!"

She performed a little magic spell that her parents sometimes did for her.

"Are you feeling better now?"

Aisha looked proud of herself. She clearly believed this would make everything better.

Watching his granddaughter, Edward...

"…So precious..."

"Huh?"

"Yes, yes. Thank you, Aisha. You've saved me. To think you could do something like that—you're not only adorable but truly amazing!"

Edward was utterly defeated. No matter how stubborn a man is, no grandfather can win against his granddaughter.

Completely charmed by Aisha's cuteness, Edward’s face turned into a helpless grin—one he would never show his disciples.

The current Edward wasn’t intimidating at all. In fact, he seemed incredibly kind.

Why had he changed like that? Aisha had no idea, but she decided it didn’t matter as long as he was nice, and stopped trying to figure it out.

"Grandpa♪"

"Ah, there, there."

Aisha snuggled up to her grandfather, while Edward, now fully aware he had a granddaughter, resolved to spoil her more than ever.

Watching the two, Emilia gave a gentle, amused sigh.

TL Note: Aisha 1 & Edward 0



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious