Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 139: Looking forward to it!

{TL: By Creed}


"Yahhoo!"

Inside a safe house used by the 'Dawn Alliance,' Lena and Riken were present.

Riken had arrived first and was resting in the safe house. Lena arrived a bit later, greeting him with a cheerful demeanor.

“You seem to be in a good mood, don't you?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Does that mean the plan was a success?”
“Nah. It failed.”
“...What?”

Riken frowned. Unbothered, Lena took a drink from the cooler and casually sipped it.

“Ah, that's refreshing. You always get thirsty after moving around, don’t you?”
“What do you mean? Did you fail too?”
“Me too? Wait, Riken, you failed?”
“...Yes.”

Riken nodded, his expression bitter.

“I deployed a squad, but they were all defeated.”
“What about you?”
“Maybe I could have turned things around if I had gone myself... But even then, it would’ve taken time. In that situation, I couldn't afford to stand out too much… Unfortunately, I had to give up on retrieving the materials.”
“Wow, for you to say that, the lord must be pretty strong, huh?”
“Yes, but the real problem is the woman.”

At that time, Riken had been assessing the situation from a distance, away from the mansion.

And then, to his surprise, despite being far enough away, the lord’s wife... Emilia, had looked directly at him.

It wasn’t just a coincidence; she stared at him intently. While she probably didn’t figure out his identity, there was no doubt she noticed him.

“To think she could do that... Even though we didn’t actually fight, she’s clearly quite powerful.”
“I see. Well, it wouldn’t be surprising if she knew how to use a sword. That household seems to have strong women in more ways than one.”
“And… Lena, did you fail as well?”
“Well, technically, it was a half-failure.”

Lena began to explain.

She had retrieved the magic sword and left no trace behind. However, the fact that Isaac had been defeated, and they couldn’t fulfill the client’s order, meant it was a partial failure.

“So yeah, it’s half a failure.”

“I handed over the magic sword, and I even gave him that special drug to neutralize the Sword Saint. And still, he failed—how incompetent, right?”
“Maybe the opponent was tougher than expected.”
“I made sure to clean up afterward, though.”
“I see... Well, in that case, there shouldn’t be a problem. The client was just a business transaction anyway. We already got the advance payment, and if you retrieved the magic sword, that’s good enough. I never thought his success was guaranteed. The client...”
“Yeah, I killed him on the way back, just in case.”

Even if the connection wasn’t deep, the client had talked a little too much. Better to eliminate him before he became a burden. For Lena, it was the obvious thing to do.

“Then I understand why you’d call it a half-failure... But why are you in such a good mood?”
“Hmm... hehe, ehehe.”

Suddenly, Lena giggled. Riken tilted his head, puzzled at the unusual expression on his partner’s face.

“I think... I might have found my destined one.”
“Huh?”
“I never expected Fate to be that incredible... It completely caught me off guard.”

Even with a mass-produced magic sword, he had easily overwhelmed Isaac.

But that wasn’t all.

Despite facing Lena in her serious mode, he didn’t faint, didn’t flinch, and didn’t even try to escape.

How wonderful.

Right now, he may still be an immature fledgling. But one day, he'll grow into a mighty hawk that soars through the skies.

Just imagining that future made Lena’s heart race. Her body grew warm. Her heart fluttered.

“Hmmm... I absolutely have to make Fate mine!”

“What on earth are you talking about...?”

“Oh, sorry! I found my future husband, so I got a little excited.”

“What? You... have a partner like that...? Wait, hold on. Are you talking about that kid Fate, the one traveling with the Sword Saint?”

“Yep, that’s the one!”

“What nonsense... That kid is our enemy. He didn’t seem particularly strong, so I don’t think we need to worry too much about him, but still... making him one of us is impossible. Just leave him alone.”

“No way.”

Lena smiled sweetly, but at the same time, an aura of deathly cold intent emanated from her.

“...!”

Riken involuntarily shuddered under Lena’s pressure.

She wasn’t even twenty yet, just a young girl. And he, on the other hand, had been training in the way of the sword for decades.

Logically, the difference in their abilities should have been overwhelming. The idea of being afraid of Lena was absurd...

Yet, the absurd was happening right in front of him.

Lena was the third strongest member of the Dawn Alliance. Her power was overwhelming, and in a real fight, Riken wouldn’t even come close to matching her.

“I’m definitely going to make Fate mine. And if you try to get in my way...”

“Ugh...”

“I’ll cut you down.”

Riken trembled, now like a frog caught in the gaze of a snake. He was completely powerless, with no choice but to accept her will.

With a heavy sigh, he spoke.

“Honestly... I’ve never seen you so obsessed with anything before.”

“Yeah, I’m surprised too. This must be my first love♪”

“There’s no point in arguing, and it’s not like I could stop you anyway. Do as you please.”

“Thanks!”

“Just make sure not to cause trouble for the Alliance, alright?”

“I know. I’ll make sure to handle things properly.”

“Good grief...”

Does she really understand? Riken sighed again, wondering.

“Hmmm, I can’t wait to make Fate mine. I want to spar with him, but it’s not just that. I want to do all kinds of things for him. I want to cook for him, clean his ears... And, of course, I want to do some naughty things too. Ehehe♪”

――――――――――

Kushun!

“What’s wrong, Fate? Do you have a cold?”

“No, I don’t think so... But what could it be? I’m feeling a strange chill...”

TL Note: Lena is on the Offense?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...