Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 140: The Mystery of Aisha

{TL: By Creed}


"…Hmm?"

I woke up to the sunlight streaming in through the window.

It seemed like the curtains hadn’t been fully closed, so I could see the bright sky.  
Today’s weather was clear.  
Yeah, it looks like it’s going to be a good day.

"Wait… huh?"

The blanket was puffed up.  
What’s this?

Feeling curious, I lifted the blanket, and…

"Suu, suu… mm… kuu…"

Curled up in a ball, Aisha was sound asleep, looking comfortable.

"When did this happen?"

I thought she was sleeping with Sofia…  
Maybe she woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and accidentally came back here instead?

"…Wafuu…"

As I gently patted her head, she made a contented face.  
Seeing that expression filled me with a warm, indescribable feeling.

Yeah.  
I’m Aisha’s father.  
And Aisha is my precious daughter.  
I reaffirmed that.

"That’s why I need to seriously think about what comes next."

――――――――――

"I see, so that's what happened..."

Everyone woke up and finished breakfast, and then Sofia, Edward, and I began exchanging information.

By the way, Licorice and Aisha weren’t here. Since this wasn’t a conversation suitable for children, Emilia was keeping them entertained.

"A mysterious attacker, the magic sword, and the Dawn Alliance…"

"It’s not an exaggeration to say that something is starting to move."

"And there's a high possibility that Aisha is involved in it all…"

After summarizing last night's discussions, we reached that conclusion.

The enemy’s target is Aisha.
And the magic sword is involved.

"This is a troublesome situation..."

"The problem is that we lack sufficient information on what’s going on."

The magic sword.
The Dawn Alliance.
And the reason Aisha is being targeted.

We were overwhelmingly short on information regarding these matters.
It was frustrating trying to figure out what actions to take.

"Hmm… then I’ll look into the magic sword on my end."

"Is that alright, Father?"

"The fiancé I chose for Sofia possesses the magic sword. And his father is my adversary."

It seems Edward chose Isaac as a fiancé to negotiate peace with the opposing faction.
I also heard that Isaac was quite a decent young man, but…
I only know him after he transformed due to the magic sword, so I can't say much about that.

"I can’t say I'm unrelated to this incident either. Also, I can’t just ignore this Dawn Alliance. They don’t seem like mere terrorists, but looking at their combat and organizational capabilities, it’s clear that they can’t be left unchecked."

"Please, Father."

Sofia bowed her head respectfully, and Edward nodded firmly.

Hmm.
I’ve only seen these two when they’re sparring, so this kind of exchange feels refreshing.
If possible, I hope they continue to get along like this.

"Then, should we investigate Aisha?"

To begin with…
Aisha is quite a mystery.

Why was she captured?
What did the doctor intend to do with her?
What is the reason she was targeted this time?

Probably, the magic sword is involved.
And so is the Dawn Alliance.

However, so far, we have zero information.
This morning, I casually asked Aisha about it, but she also seemed to have no clues.

"Why is Aisha being targeted?"
"I don’t know, but… if there are nefarious individuals involved, we’ll just have to cut them all down."
"Yeah, that’s right. We absolutely have to protect Aisha."

"…"

Edward was looking at us with a somewhat astonished expression.

"Edward? What’s wrong?"
"…Sofia."
"Yes?"
"I’m sorry."

Edward bowed deeply.

"Father…?"
"I regret that I advanced matters regarding your fiancé without telling you. Seeing you now, I finally understand. The reason you can smile is thanks to that boy over there… no, to Stuart-kun."

"…Father…"
"Stuart-kun."
"Y-Yes?"
"You might think it’s too late for me to say this after everything I’ve said. It’s a selfish request. Still… could you please continue to be with Sofia from now on?"

Finally, our feelings reached Edward.
I was so happy and filled with emotion that I felt like I might cry.

But I wouldn’t show tears.
Instead, I smiled.

"Yes, of course!!"
"Thank you."

Although we had gone through a lot, we ultimately managed to reconcile.
Yeah.
Regarding Sofia’s fiancé situation, I think we can say it ended happily.

Well, the issues surrounding Aisha have increased with even more problems and mysteries.

"What should we do from here?"

We can’t leave Aisha's situation unattended.
She might be targeted again, just like this time.

To solve the fundamental problem, I want to know everything about her mysteries, but…
Hmm, what should we do?

"Then, it would be best to go to Blue Island. I’ve heard there’s a scholar there knowledgeable about beastmen. I can’t say for sure if we’ll learn anything about Aisha-chan, but… it’s unlikely we won’t gain anything."

"That’s true… if that’s the case… Fate, what do you think we should do?"
"Yeah. Since we have no other leads, let’s aim for Blue Island."

Thus, our next destination was decided.

TL Note: Blue Island, destruction is upon you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...