Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 141: Parents Who Can't Let Go

{TL: By Creed}


"That said, I think I’ll leave for Leafland tomorrow."

"What... did you say...!?"

Gathered around the dining table for the Ascárt family dinner, when Sofia announced her plans for the future, Edward looked utterly shocked.

He seemed incredibly distressed, frozen in place, and his knife and fork fell from his hands.

"Oh, is Sofia really going to leave on a journey already?"

Emilia, calm as ever, asked this.

"Yes. I want to resolve Aisha's situation as quickly as possible."

"I see... If that's the reason, then there's no helping it. Tomorrow, I'll see you off..."

"...That won't do."

"Husband?"

"Absolutely not! You cannot leave the house so soon!"

For some reason, Edward was angry.

No, not just angry; he seemed anxious...?

"Why can't I?"

"That's because, well... in other words... yes! You need a vacation. You're probably worn out from the recent incident, right? You shouldn't push yourself."

"I'm not particularly tired, though..."

Sofia looked over here.

"Um... I don't think I'm that tired either," I said, glancing at Aisha.

"I'm okay."

Aisha looked at Licorice.

"The ultra-mega cute Licorice-chan would normally want to take a break and play to her heart's content... but, well, since it's for Aisha, it’s fine if we leave right away."

"That's right."

"Nuguu..."

Edward grimaced at Sofia's cold response.

Although the two had reconciled, it seemed Sofia still had her reservations, as her responses were a bit harsh.

"So, then, let’s just say that Sofia will stay at home..."

"What are you saying? I am Fate's lifelong partner and Aisha's mother. I can't just leave her behind."

"Mugugu..."

At the mention of being a lifelong partner, Edward shot me a fierce glare.

Though he had reconciled with Sofia, it seemed he still felt something unresolved.

I felt a bit guilty. Since Aisha was involved, I thought I understood Edward’s feelings somewhat.

"W-well, then, let’s leave Aisha at home..."

"This is a journey to investigate Aisha-chan's case, isn't it? If the person in question isn't here, there will be many things we won't understand."

"Gugugu..."

It seemed Edward was trying hard to keep both Sofia and Aisha from leaving.

Now I understood. He didn’t want to interfere with Sofia...

He simply wanted to be with his precious daughter.

That's why he had hastily arranged for a fiancée.

He knew that would make a furious Sofia come back.

Ultimately, he must have figured out a way to nullify the fiancée arrangement.

I thought he intended to keep Sofia at home in exchange for doing that.

I finally understood what Licorice had said about him being unable to let go of his children.

Edward really cared for Sofia deeply.

"Hey, Sofia."

"What is it?"

"How about staying in Leafland for another week?"

"Huh?"

Sofia looked surprised, as if to say, "Are you siding with Dad?"

It was true that I was concerned about Edward...

But there was another reason to stay.

"I understand you want to hurry, but you need to prepare for the journey."

"That’s true, but if we hurry, we can make it in a few hours..."

"Blue Island is quite far, so it's better to take your time and prepare properly."

The journey to Blue Island would take about a month.

This was because there were places along the way where no carriages could pass.

Since walking would be involved, it would take that much time.

"Also, since it's been a while since we've been home, it would be good to greet everyone and do some visiting."

"That's..."

"You never know when you’ll be able to come back next. So let’s make sure to do that, okay?"

"...Yes."

"And..."

I spoke in a low voice, so only Sofia could hear.

"...I understand that we need to hurry, but I want to show Aisha more about this town. After all, it's Sofia's hometown."

"...Fate..."

"...Also, even if your body is fine, you might be accumulating stress, so I think it would be good to have a little fun."

This applies not just to Aisha, but to Sofia as well.

Since coming to Leafland, there have been many events.

Sofia is a Sword Saint, so she probably doesn’t have any physical problems...

But the weariness of the heart won't recover so easily.

I think it would be better to take it slow for about a week.

"...Understood."

After a moment of hesitation, Sofia slowly nodded.

"Since what Fate says makes sense, let’s stay for another week."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

"Father, Mother. Given that, may we stay here for another week?"

"Of course. This is your home, Sofia."

"I see... Well, if that's the case, then there's no helping it. Your room is empty, and the boy's room is fine too. I suppose it can’t be helped; you should stay."

"That old man is such a tsundere."

Watching Edward struggle to hide his delight, Licorice remarked in exasperation.

"Hey, Dad, Mom. Aren’t we leaving?"

"Yeah. We'll be staying here for another week."

"Does Aisha-chan want to leave right away?"

"Nope! I want to play with Grandpa and Grandma!"

"Guh!"

Edward clutched his chest and looked like he was about to collapse.

It seemed he was overwhelmed by Aisha’s adorableness.

"Hehe, you say such lovely things, Aisha-chan. What do you want to eat tomorrow? I’ll make your favorite dish."

"Grandma's cooking?"

"Yes, Grandma's cooking."

"Um, um... sweets?"

"Alright, got it."

And so, we decided to stay in Leafland for another week.

TL Note: Blue Island, prepare for trouble.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...