Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 142: Just the two of us sometimes

{TL: By Creed}


Leafland is a city rich with greenery.

As I walk through the town, I can't help but think about it strongly.

"Hmm... Sofia's late."

I was leisurely waiting for Sofia in front of the fountain in the center of the town.

Today, I had taken the day off...

I planned to spend a relaxing day sightseeing around the town with Sofia.

Aisha and Licorice were apparently with Edward and Emilia.

So, it would just be the two of us—me and Sofia.

"Is this... a date?"

Saying it out loud makes me feel a little embarrassed.

At the same time, I feel happy, too.

We've been busy with so many things that we haven't had much time to relax... Yeah.

I hope today will be a fun day.

"I wonder what's keeping her?"

But Sofia, the most important person, still hasn't shown up.

"A date means you should be on time!"

She said something like that, so I'm waiting by the fountain...

But it's strange.

The time has already passed.

"Ah, sorry for the wait!"

"Oh, Sofia. Thank goodness. I thought something might have happened..."

Sofia came running, out of breath.

Her appearance was completely different from the Sofia I knew.

A clean and elegant dress.

Along with a simple hat, bag, and accessories.

Wearing all that, Sofia no longer looked like a swordswoman, but rather like a refined young lady from a noble family.

"Sorry, it took me a little longer to get ready."

"…"

"Um... Fate? Are you mad at me?"

"…"

"Ugh... Fate, please say something. For you to be this upset, I must have—"

"…Huh!?"

Sofia was so beautiful that I was utterly speechless, completely captivated.

"Huh? Huh?"

"What?"

Sofia's face turned bright red.

Oops.

It seems I said what I was thinking out loud.

"Ah, thank you..."

"N-no problem...?"

"…"

"…"

We both felt embarrassed, our faces growing warm.

"Um... I was really looking forward to today's date, so I tried my best to dress up. Does it... really suit me?"

"Y-yeah. It looks amazing on you. You're way more beautiful and cute than usual... S-sorry, I can't find better words."

"No, no! Just hearing you say that, Fate, makes me incredibly happy."

Sofia smiled shyly, looking so overjoyed.

This is bad.

If she keeps smiling like that in that outfit, I might actually lose my mind.

"…"

"…"

An odd silence followed.

But it wasn’t uncomfortable. Just being together like this felt... really warm and comforting.

"Sh-shall we go?"

"Y-yes, let's."

And so, my date with Sofia began.

――――――――――

"Ah, Fate, look at this!"

As we walked around the stalls, Sofia suddenly stopped.

We were at a shop displaying handmade accessories, with various rings, bracelets, and necklaces arranged on display.

"I think this ring would really suit you!"

"Me?"

"Yes. It's not too flashy, but it has presence. I think it would be perfect for you."

"But I'm a guy. Isn’t it strange for me to wear a ring...?"

"Not at all!"

She poked my nose with her finger, a playful gesture.

"Fashion is essential, even for men. Wearing a ring isn't particularly strange."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, it is."

I see; that’s a valuable lesson.

Lately, I’ve only been thinking about getting stronger and hadn’t considered fashion at all.

But... yeah, that makes sense.

Since I'm with someone as beautiful as Sofia, I should make an effort to match her, even just a little.

"Um... Fate? When you say things like that, it makes me feel... embarrassed."

"S-sorry."

It seems I said that out loud again.

Oh no, oh no.

Since it’s a date with Sofia, I might be getting a little too carried away.

"Um... Is your recommendation this silver ring?"

"Ah, yes. I think that one suits you the best."

"I see."

Since it’s handmade, it’s not too expensive.

It’s quite affordable.

Should I go for it and buy it?

Wait, should I get matching ones with Sofia instead...?

I can’t help but imagine Sofia smiling brightly while wearing a ring on her ring finger.

"No, no, no!"

"Huh? Fate?"

"It’s nothing! Just... nothing at all!"

It’s true that they’d be matching rings!

But it feels a bit early for that, and I need to be more capable before doing something like that!

I might think about it eventually, but now just doesn’t feel right.

In fact, I’m glad I didn’t voice that daydream...

"Sh-should we move on to the next place?"

"Uh? Oh, yes."

Feeling too embarrassed, I couldn’t look at Sofia's face...

But I grabbed her hand and gently pulled her away to explore somewhere else.

TL Note: A Date Chapter, Nice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...