Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 



Chapter 346: There's no choice but to run away

{TL: By Creed}

"Hah... hah... hah...!"

Rain began to fall, drop by drop.

Before long, it turned into a torrential downpour, soaking his clothes in an instant.

But he couldn't afford to worry about something like that.

More importantly, he had to sense his surroundings and locate the enemy.

If he couldn't do that... he would die.

"I can't believe he's that strong..."

He thought about Zenoas.

He wielded that enormous greatsword as though it were a part of his own body.

There wasn't a single opening.

He unleashed a relentless series of attacks, his movements both bold and delicate.

Dodging or blocking them was extremely difficult.

"Urgh... guh..."

As he continued running, a sharp pain shot through his side, causing him to stagger.

It was a piercing pain that seemed to reverberate deep inside his body.

The pain grew stronger and stronger, as though desperately asserting its presence.

He had probably fractured one of his ribs, or perhaps cracked it.

He remembered the feeling from when he had broken bones several times during his days as a slave.

"I... have to endure it!"

It hurt terribly.

He felt as though he might lose consciousness at any moment.

But he couldn't stop here.

If Zenoas caught up with him in this situation, it would all be over.

"This is... pathetic..."

He had managed to fight Lena on equal terms, even if only for a short time.

He had defeated a monster pretending to be a god.

He had fought a duel against a rampaging lord and emerged victorious.

He had grown stronger.

He was no longer the weak person he had been when he was a slave.

Or so he had thought...

"Why... am I so weak...?"

He had been completely helpless against Zenoas.

All he could do was desperately defend himself against his attacks.

He couldn't land even a single proper blow, and now all he could do was flee in defeat.

But what was most pathetic of all was...

"...I'm scared..."

His hands were trembling.

He tried desperately to stop them, but they wouldn't.

When he fought Zenoas, he couldn't even imagine himself defeating him.

He could only envision a future where he lost.

Being blown away.

Being crushed beneath his feet.

Being cleaved in two.

His mind was filled with nothing but images of death, and he couldn't take even a single step forward.

He was afraid.

Afraid.

Afraid.

Pathetically, his heart had been completely consumed by fear.

"I have to... hurry... I have to get away...!"

He had to get as far away as possible.

Even as he staggered, he forced his aching body forward...

"Found you."

"Huh!?"

He cautiously looked back...

And there stood Zenoas, wearing the same expressionless face he had shown when they first met.

"Now, let's continue where we left off."

"Urgh... guh..."

"..."

Seeing him trembling, the fighting spirit suddenly vanished from Zenoas.

Disappointment filled his eyes as he let out a sigh.

"I thought you might be the one... but it seems I was mistaken."

"U-uaaaah..."

"Die here."

Zenoas spoke with the coldness of the Grim Reaper and raised his greatsword.

TL Note: WTF?

Next


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 16 Adventurer Fate is born {TL: By Creed} "Fate Stuart-san. Thanks to the recommendations from the Guild Master and Sofia Ascart-san, we are now accepting your adventurer registrations. Congratulations." "Congratulations, Fate. I always believed you would pass." Sofia congratulated me with a smile. The receptionist also joined in the celebration. In my hand, I held an adventurer's license card. With this, I could officially become an adventurer. I could hunt monsters, gather materials, and explore uncharted territories... The thought of going on adventures filled me with excitement. I had never felt this way when I was a slave. My body felt light, like it could fly away. My heart was dancing with joy. By the way, Aizen also congratulated me... But it seemed the Guild Master was busy and quickly went somewhere else. After that, it appeared that Sigurd and the others had disappeared... I wanted to follow those adventures who acted as witnesses, but thing...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious...