Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 108: I want you to acknowledge me


{TL: By Creed}


Because the family quarrel flared up again, the test was postponed indefinitely.

"I'm sorry. I'll go sort things out, so please wait here, Stuart."

With that said by Emilia, Licorice, Aisha, and I returned to the guest room.

We sat on the sofa, leisurely eating cookies and enjoying the tea the maid had prepared for us...

BOOM!

RATATATATATA!

KABOOM!!!

From time to time, thunderous sounds echoed through the room. Each time, the floor shook as if an earthquake had occurred.

Since it was a fight between a sword master and a dojo master, it was quite intense. However, being the second time, we were already used to it. Aisha wasn't scared either; she was eating cookies with a smile.

"Aisha, you're dropping cookie crumbs."

"Huh...?"

"Stay still... there, all clean."

"Thanks, Daddy."

"You're welcome."

"You two are so calm even at a time like this..."

Licorice said that, but since she was also holding a cookie with both hands and munching like a hamster, she couldn't really talk about others.

"By the way, Licorice, what did you mean earlier?"

"Earlier?"

"You said Edward can't let go of his child."

"Oh, that. What about it?"

"What did you mean by that?"

"It means exactly what it sounds like. That old man can't let go of his child at all."

"Really...?"

I thought back to Edward. He had the dignity befitting a lord and a dojo master.

Even when told he couldn't let go of his child, I found it hard to believe.

"He doesn't acknowledge Fate and finds faults with him because he doesn't want to lose Sofia. That's why I said he can't let go of his child."

"Was he complaining to me because of that...? I didn't see it that way at all."

"You're too naive. With the super Licorice-chan eye, I can see through what people are thinking!"

What's the super Licorice-chan eye?

"I think that old man is pretty obvious. He tries to cover it up with anger, but it's clear he dotes on his daughter."

"Really...?"

"Yes. If Licorice-chan says so, it's true. Besides, didn't you get tricked before because you couldn't see through people?"

"Ugh."

That hit a sore spot.

"But... I see. If that's the case, then that's good."

"Why are you smiling when you're not being acknowledged?"

"I was worried that their relationship might be bad. But if Edward cares about Sofia, then I'm relieved."

"You're such a softy... well, that's just like you, Fate."

Licorice munched on her cookie. Then, she took a sip of tea from a fairy-sized cup and continued talking.

"If you're worried about that, you can relax. Despite everything, I think they have a good relationship."

"That's good to hear."

"So, what are you going to do, Fate?"

"What do you mean by 'what am I going to do'?"

"That old man doesn't want to let go of Sofia, so he’ll never acknowledge you. He'll keep finding faults and never accept your relationship."

"That would be troublesome..."

Huh?

Suddenly, a question popped into my mind.

"But in the letter, he said he had chosen a fiancé for Sofia..."

If that's true, isn't he letting go of her himself?

When I voiced this question, Licorice shook her finger sideways.

"Naive, naive! Your thinking is as sweet as pancakes with condensed milk, honey, and sugar!"

"Sounds delicious..."

For some reason, Aisha reacted, drooling a bit. Alright, I'll make her pancakes next time.

"The old man only decided on a fiancé. He didn't say he would let her marry."

"Meaning...?"

"That was just bait to lure Sofia back. He probably thought she would definitely return if he wrote that. Once she returned, he could just call off the engagement. Since he set it up himself, he could easily do that."

"I see."

If Licorice was right...

The chances of me being acknowledged by Edward were extremely low. It might even be zero.

"What will you do? With the old man like that, I think staying here is just a waste of time."

"That might be true."

"That look... it seems you don't plan to give up."

"Yeah, that's right."

The chances of being acknowledged are close to zero. Even so, I don't want to back down.

"I think there's also the option of taking Sofia and going somewhere else. But if we do that, a definitive rift will form between us and Edward. That would be sad. They're family, after all, so they should get along."

"Are you going to work hard for that?"

"Yes, I think I will."

Somehow, I want to be acknowledged by Edward... And I want Sofia to reconcile with Edward. I want them to return to being a close family.

That's the best outcome.

"If you try to have everything, you might end up with nothing."

"I'll work hard to make sure that doesn't happen."

"Do you have any basis for success?"

"No, but I'll still work hard."

"Sigh..."

Licorice sighed in exasperation.

But then, she immediately grinned.

"Interesting."

"What is?"

"Most people would compromise when faced with difficulties. They'd think they have no choice, and that it's impossible to have everything... But you're different. You greedily aim to grab everything... Yes, that's interesting! I've never seen anyone like that. Alright! I'll lend you the brain of this super genius miracle beautiful girl detective Licorice-chan. Let's do our best together."

"Thank you, Licorice."

But just now, did she say "genius" or something more ominous...?

"Since we have time, let's think of some countermeasures."

"Yeah, let's all brainstorm some ideas."

"Huh... me too?"

"Could you? I think you'll come up with ideas that only Aisha can think of."

"Okay. For Daddy and Mommy, I'll do my best!"

My daughter is so cute, I might just lose it.

But... I see. Is this how Edward feels? If Aisha were to get married, I might oppose it no matter what.

I began to understand Edward's feelings a little.

TL Note: A problem every man with a daughter faces.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious