Skip to main content

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman

 
Chapter 134: The Attacker

{TL: By Creed}


"Amu, amu, ham!"

Aisha opened her small mouth wide, grasping her fork with her fist, and eagerly gobbled up the pancakes.

Honey smeared around her mouth, and pieces of pancake crumbled and fell as she ate.

But that didn't stop her. Her tail wagged vigorously back and forth as she devoured the pancakes with excitement. That's how delicious the pancakes Emilia made were.

"Aisha-chan, is it good?"

"Yes, it's delicious!"

Aisha nodded with her eyes sparkling.

Seeing her granddaughter like that, Emilia smiled with joy. Hearing someone say the sweets you made are delicious is always gratifying. And if it's your granddaughter, even more so.

"Aisha, would you like seconds? Grandpa can slice you another piece."

"I think I might want a little more."

"Alright then. How about half...? Here we go!"

Edward, not hesitating to use his well-honed sword skills, effortlessly sliced the pancake in half. It was a complete waste of his technique.

However, Aisha clapped her hands in delight, and each time she did, Edward grinned with a goofy smile.

For his adorable granddaughter, he would gladly slice pancakes with his best sword and technique as much as she wanted. Edward reaffirmed his rather silly resolve.

"Aah..."

Aisha was about to eat her second helping of pancakes when...

"Ugh?"

Suddenly, her hand holding the fork stopped.

Her tail stood straight up, fur bristling. Her ears twitched restlessly.

"What’s wrong, Aisha-chan?"

"Did you get full already?"

"No... it feels... strange..."

"A strange feeling?"

Emilia closed her eyes, concentrating to sense the surroundings... Then her expression grew serious.

"Dear."

"Yes... I don't know who they are, but it seems we have some uninvited guests."

Before they realized it, multiple presences had surrounded the mansion. Whoever they were, they weren’t trying to hide it, as they all radiated strong bloodlust.

"Emilia, is it just the two of us in the house right now?"

"Yes. All the servants are out."

"Hmm... that makes it easier."

Edward grabbed the sword from the corner of the room and drew the blade.

"With only one person to protect, it simplifies things. And then..."

CRASH! The window shattered, and two masked men jumped in, each wielding a dagger.

The blades gleamed purple, likely coated with poison.

Most people would become cautious at the sight of poison. But not Edward.

"Hmph, such underhanded tactics. Do you really think you can beat me with that?"

Rather than hesitate, Edward's fighting spirit only grew stronger. He moved before his enemies could make a move.

In a flash, he slipped into the first man's guard like the wind and struck him on the head with the flat of his sword, knocking him out. With a quick return swing, he hit the second man in the side, sending him crashing to the floor almost simultaneously.

"Pathetic. You should start your training over from the beginning."

The masked men weren't weak. In fact, among Edward's disciples, only a handful could defeat them.

However, Edward was overwhelmingly stronger.

Especially with Aisha present. Wanting to impress his granddaughter, Edward was now fighting at 30% beyond his usual strength.

The masked men continued to pour in one after another, but he defeated each and every one of them. Perhaps in fear of Edward's near-demonic prowess, the masked attackers altered their strategy.

"Hold the man off! Meanwhile, we'll secure the target!"

"What!?"

Reinforcements arrived. Half of them charged at Edward, while the other half set their sights on Emilia and Aisha.

No. To be more precise, they were targeting Aisha alone.

"Emilia!"

Edward shouted. But it wasn’t a cry of distress.

"Don’t hold back. Crush them!"

"Of course, that’s the plan."

As the masked men closed in, Emilia maintained her calm smile. Then, she effortlessly dodged their attacks, slipping past them.

"What!?"

The masked men were stunned as their supposedly lethal strikes missed. Emilia wasted no time exploiting that moment of surprise.

"Gah!"

"Ugh!"

"Gyah!"

Before they knew it, Emilia had drawn her sword, and three of the masked men were sent flying through the air.

"Wow..."

Rather than feeling scared, Aisha was more astonished, as if she had just witnessed magic. She thought Emilia’s performance was amazing.

"Grandma, are you strong?"

"Yes, indeed. Aisha-chan’s grandma is very strong."

"Wow, that's amazing."

"Fufu, thank you."

Emilia leaned in and spoke softly, as if sharing a secret.

"To tell you the truth, I’m actually stronger than your grandpa."

"Ooooh!"

"So don’t worry. I’ll definitely protect you, Aisha-chan."

After reassuring Aisha, Emilia turned to face the foolish attackers. Though her face wore a smile, her eyes were not smiling at all.

"Not only did you trespass into our home, but you also dared to target my granddaughter... Fufu, I hope you’re ready to face the consequences."

Aisha thought to herself, Emilia really is Sofia’s mother, after all...

TL Note; Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

Chapter 1: The reality that I longed for is harsh and painful {TL: By Creed} "Hey, don't stroll around leisurely, you Useless man!" Insults were flying, and the target was me. "I-I'm... sorry..." My reply came out in gasps, as it should. After all, I was carrying a load that was tens of kilos heavier than my own body. In such a state, I had been walking through the dungeon for hours without a break. It was non-stop. It was only natural that I was out of breath, my clothes drenched in sweat, as if I had been doused in water. I wondered if I was experiencing dehydration; my legs were wobbly, and I felt like I might collapse if I let my guard down. "Hurry up, you slacker! You're practically useless except for carrying stuff," Sigurd, the leader of the A-rank party 'Flarebird,' berated me. He held the title of 'Swordmaster' and was the party's main attacker, constantly in action. "Sigurd, you're such a brute. Fate is so

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 2 childhood friend {TL: By Creed} That was ten years ago. I had a childhood friend who was the same age as me. Her name was Sofia Ascarth. Sofia and I played together every day, and we were so close that we were always together. Every day was so much fun... Filled with smiles. I believed that this happiness would last forever back then, but... Our parting came suddenly. ―――――――――― "I'm sorry... I can't meet Fate anymore." When I tried to play as usual, Sofia had a look on the verge of tears. Did she have a fight with her parents? When I asked what was going on, that was the answer. "Huh? W-what do you mean? You can't meet me anymore..." "Due to my dad's job, we're moving to the capital. So... today will be the last time I can play with Fate." "That's... " It felt like the ground beneath me crumbled and I was falling... Such a terrible shock. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

My childhood friend, who I promised to marry in the future, came back as a swordsman.

  Chapter 4 Party formation {TL: By Creed} After that, we changed locations and moved to a different inn and restaurant. Since Sigurd and the others stayed behind, I'm not sure what happened to them, but... It seems like Sigurd took an incredibly powerful blow, so he probably won't wake up for a while. "Sister, I'll have orange juice and a parfait." "..." "What about Fate?" "..." "Fate, what's wrong?" "Huh!?" When asked the question, I snapped back to reality. "Oh, um, yeah. Sorry... um, I'll have coffee, please." "Okay. Orange juice and coffee. And a parfait, right? Please wait a moment." The waitress nodded and left. Alone again, I looked at Sofia once more. "It's been a while, Fate." "...Is it really you, Sofia?" "Yes, it's me. Or does Fate see someone else when Fate looks at me?" "No, it's not like that. I would never mistake my precious